Sunday 10 April 2011

This Applies to DLA & ESA ~ Who Is My Enemy

The more I fight my enemy
The more I give it power
Ruling my experience
Pervading all my thoughts
Intruding most every day
Interrupting joyful play
It attacks me from within
The more that I surrender
To love, to self to dreams
I find my own well being
My enemy attacks again
I let the fear take power
Love, loves fear and love
Fear, fears love and fear
The paradox I find
The war is in my mind
Destruction clearly seen
In the way my life appears
My enemy is me.

Elaine Edwards 03.21 Monday 11th April 2011

It's quite annoying really! I have to make peace with the way it is or I will let them kill me and by doing that I will let myself die by letting their fear and loathing trigger my own inner battles. It has nearly worked before I don't want to give the 'enemy' the power to destroy me, those who are doing their best to take from the poor to give to the rich, those who would see much of humanity kept weak in fear to suit their own agenda. Thank gawd I have back up, I have love and people who would not see me starve or freeze to death. I have hope and I have dreams of better care for all...

How afraid must they be to be so greedy? 
How afraid must they be to be so cruel?


I don't want to have to fight for the right to be ill.
I want support towards my well being.
Which means being treated with compassion rather than suspicion.
Encouraged and rewarded, not bullied and punished.
I am learning to be kinder to myself and not perpetuate any of those things inside me...

No comments:

Post a Comment